MICROSOFT EXCEL WORKSHOP – DATA VISUALISATION FOR BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE USING EXCEL POWER TOOLS
Lot 1-15A Level 1
Wangsa Walk Mall, Wangsa Avenue 9, Jalan Wangsa Perdana 1, Wangsa Maju, 53300 Kuala Lumpur
Workshop Session: 10.00am – 6.00pm
This is an instructor-led 2-days training program on Power Pivot, Power Query, Power Map, Power View and Pivot Table. It is a notch up from the Essential Excel Skills You Must Know and Connecting, Mashing & Transforming Data in Excel course in terms of difficulty level. In this course you will be taught how to visualize data in graphs and charts using Power Map and Power View after using Power Query and Power Pivot to extract and model the data.
Data visualization isn’t about just plotting graphs and charts. It involves the art of story-telling to communicate your message across to your audience from your dashboard. This course teaches you how to do this using the Excel cutting-edge tools.
The value of this course lies in learning how to work the Power Query, Power Pivot with Power Map and Power View, and not to forgeting the Pivot Table, seamlessly. Real-world requirements are taught in this course- especially in using the Power Pivot and Power Query to get your data into the shape which you could present it effectively in dashboards.
OBJECTIVES of the training
You will learn how to extract from web sources and other sources, cleanse, edit and remodel the data before using it to create dashboards. This course also teaches you the esthetics of dashboard design and helping you create the right level the correct level of interactivity for your users.
WHO should attend?
Data analysts, project managers, revenue managers, sales managers, finance managers, journalists, data crunchers whose work involve presenting data from the web, conventional data sources, big data and databases.
You will be using conventional data, complex big data and databases and guided hands-on using the fore-mentioned tools. You will be introduced to the basics of the tools before deep-diving into a mini-project to hone your understanding of the subject matter.
- Business Intelligence & Big Data today •What is Story Telling & Data Visualization?
- Story Telling vs Data Visualization •Data-driven narratives & Dashboards •Components of a good Dashboard
2. Using PivotTables
- Creating Excel Tables & operating them efficiently
- Building a PivotTable
- Sorting, Formatting & Filtering PivotTables
- Grouping records in PivotTables •PivotTable calculations & formulas •Slicers & Timelines
3. Excel Power Query
- What is Power Query?
- Connecting to various data sources & importing data
- Using Power Query to replace the VLOOKUP
- Shaping & customizing a data model from multiple data sources
- Merging, appending & exporting queries
4. Excel PowerMap
- Creating & visualizing data in PowerMap •Integrating PowerMap into dashboards •User interaction & form design
5. Exploring & visualizing data in Power View
- Exploring data, creating charts & maps
- Slicing, filtering, highlighting & sorting data
- Power View dashboard design
6. Excel Power Pivot
- Getting started with Power Pivot •Importing data into Power Pivot •Understanding Power Pivot & Relationships
- Creating Relationships between Tables
- Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) language
- Visualizing data from Power Pivot